RFR of 8075156: (prefs) remove() should disallow the use of the null control character '\u0000' as key
brian.burkhalter at oracle.com
Tue Apr 14 21:56:56 UTC 2015
Please review at your convenience this latest patch modified from the previous one pursuant to the most recent comments.
* Revise Preferences javadoc to indicate IAE for put*(), get*(), and remove() for NUL control character U+0000 in the key and / or value, as appropriate.
* Extend fix of put*() in JDK-8068373 to all platforms by moving functional code up to to AbstractPreferences.
* Add fix for get*() and remove() in AbstractPreferences.
* Revert FileSystemPreferences changes from JDK-8068373 as these are now handled by AbstractPreferences (note this includes rolling back the more recent year in the copyright as well).
* Minor picayune cleanup in WindowsPreferences.
* Correct class javadoc of AbstractPreferences which had referred to flush() and sync() as returning boolean type.
* Extend existing test to get() and remove() cases.
Test passed on all the usual platforms.
The CCC request will need to be revised or a new one filed, pending approval of this patch.
On Apr 14, 2015, at 8:37 AM, Brian Burkhalter <brian.burkhalter at oracle.com> wrote:
> So barring objections to the contrary from some other quarter, I will clean up the current patch and also address the errors in the class level javadoc that I pointed out in AbstractPreferences.
More information about the core-libs-dev