JDK-8067661: transferTo proposal for Appendable
Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Nov 14 11:45:06 UTC 2017
On 14/11/2017 07:51, Patrick Reinhart wrote:
> Hi Brian
> See latest changes here:
This version mostly looks quite good, a few comments:
- Readable "hence unspecified". In several other places, including
InputStream.transferTo, we use "therefore unspecified" and it would be
good to keep that consistent.
- Readable "Depending on which class implements the appendable ...".
What would you think about replacing this sentence with: "If the
destination is capacity bounded and has insufficient capacity to append
all characters read from the source then an exception will be thrown
after transferring zero or some bytes to the destination".
- CharBuffer. I don't think the first sentence in the @implSpec is
needed, it's okay to start with "If the given Appendable ...". There's a
typo in the second sentence "it's data if possible" -> "its data" (no
"if possible" as it will use put unconditionally when the destination is
- CharBuffer. IOException is not possible when reading here, it's only
- CharBuffer: NullPointerException is covered by the package
description, the methods in this package do not specified NPE. It is not
needed in the read method either.
- CharBuffer: The @param and @throws have a specific style in this
package and probably best to keep that consistent if you can.
More information about the core-libs-dev