RFR (S): 8223015: Cleanups for zipfs tests
christoph.langer at sap.com
Fri Apr 26 16:50:38 UTC 2019
thanks for reviewing.
As for ZipFSTester: the printf is anyway commented out, probably only used for debugging. Removing the variable was just because the IDE said it's unused. I'd rather leave it as is.
As for the jarfs tests: OK, it probably makes sense to separate these out into a subfolder. So I'll move MultiReleaseJarTest to the subfolder instead of moving JFSTester.
OK for you if I push this without another webrev next week?
From: Lance Andersen <lance.andersen at oracle.com>
Sent: Freitag, 26. April 2019 18:26
To: Langer, Christoph <christoph.langer at sap.com>
Cc: core-libs-dev at openjdk.java.net; nio-dev at openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: RFR (S): 8223015: Cleanups for zipfs tests
Thank you for doing this. Overall the changes look good.
A few minor thoughts
ZIpFSTester.java - 537: Given you removed the method variable, I would tweak the printf string to make it a bit clearer that what the output its.
JFSTester.java and MultiReleaseJarTest.java - I had the opposite feeling that having a jarfs subfolder adds clarity and moving MulltiReleaseJarTest.java might be the better way to go. It helps separate specific tests which are using the JarFileSystem from the ZipFileSystem especially as we add more, keeping things cleaner.
On Apr 26, 2019, at 8:35 AM, Langer, Christoph <christoph.langer at sap.com<mailto:christoph.langer at sap.com>> wrote:
please help reviewing these cleanups to the zipfs tests. In detail:
- Fix warnings in test/jdk/jdk/nio/zipfs/Demo.java (not a real testcase but Demo coding)
- change some calls of Runtime.version().major() to Runtime.version().feature() (the former is deprecated)
- change occurences of new Integer() to Integer.valueOf()
- change occurences of class.newInstance() to class.getDeclaredConstructor().newInstance()
- remove unused variables
- move test/jdk/jdk/nio/zipfs/jarfs/JFSTester.java to test/jdk/jdk/nio/zipfs/JFSTester.java (not using the jarfs subfolder). There is no need for this specific subfolder, given that MultiReleaseJarTest.java neither isn't in the jarfs subfolder
I verified that the tests still succeed with the change.
[cid:image001.gif at 01D4FC60.EDECDC10]<http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
<http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Lance.Andersen at oracle.com<mailto:Lance.Andersen at oracle.com>
More information about the core-libs-dev