RFR: JDK-8212780: JEP 343: Packaging Tool Implementation
kevin.rushforth at oracle.com
Fri May 3 00:38:31 UTC 2019
Here are a few follow-on comments. As with my earlier comments, none of
these need to be addressed prior to integration.
1. I found a few more classes that do I/O and could benefit from using
IOUtils, LinuxAppImageBuilder, LinuxDebBundler, LinuxRpmBundler,
2. JRE_MODULES_FILENAME and SERVER_JRE_MODULES_FILENAME are unused
(obsolete) and should be removed.
3. The isLessThan method only looks at MAJOR.MINOR so might not be
flexible enough for some applications
3. Several places where non-public (package-scope) API is exported
publicly; these should all be package-scope itself or else
BundlerParamInfo should be public
3. createUtf8File is unused (I went looking because I was curious how
and why we would use such a method). I see similarly-unused methods of
the same name in the Mac and Windows AppImageBuilder classes.
4. Line 818: is the following still needed?
WindowsDefender.java + WindowsRegistry.java:
5. Is the check and warning for Windows Defender really needed? Have we
seen problems as a result of it running while jpackage is building an
More information about the core-libs-dev