RFR: 8203359: Container level resources events [v4]
jbachorik at openjdk.java.net
Thu Apr 1 15:44:11 UTC 2021
> With this change it becomes possible to surface various cgroup level metrics (available via `jdk.internal.platform.Metrics`) as JFR events.
> Only a subset of the metrics exposed by `jdk.internal.platform.Metrics` is turned into JFR events to start with.
> * CPU related metrics
> * Memory related metrics
> * I/O related metrics
> For each of those subsystems a configuration data will be emitted as well. The initial proposal is to emit the configuration data events at least once per chunk and the metrics values at 30 seconds interval.
> By using these values the emitted events seem to contain useful information without increasing overhead (the metrics values are read from `/proc` filesystem so that should not be done too frequently).
Jaroslav Bachorik has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
- Remove unused test files
- Initial test support for JFR container events
- all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/3126/files
- new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/3126/files/82570022..79c91f57
- full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3126&range=03
- incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3126&range=02-03
Stats: 117 lines in 4 files changed: 99 ins; 6 del; 12 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/3126/head:pull/3126
More information about the core-libs-dev