Heads Up: JDK 7 Linux platforms moving to Fedora 9
aph at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 18:17:56 UTC 2008
Xiomara.Jayasena at Sun.COM wrote:
> On 11/24/08 08:00, Andrew Haley wrote:
>> Xiomara Jayasena wrote:
>>> The official Release Engineering builds for JDK 7 will be moving from
>>> the following OSs:
>>> *32 bit builds*
>>> *From: *RH AS 2.1 to Fedora 9
>>> *64 bit builds*
>>> *From: *SUSE 8 to: Fedora 9
>>> All required Makefile changes are in place, there are still other items
>>> that are still being investigated for this OS upgrade to happen but
>>> wanted to inform of the changes that are on the way.
>>> *When:* It is expected that this change will happen by build 42.
>>> Please let me know if there are any questions.
>> We've had to fix a few compatibility bugs in IcedTea. Do you want us to
>> send you the patches?
> Yes, please -- send me the patches.
* icedtea-f2i-overflow.patch fixes some overflows that are undefined
behaviour in C++.
* icedtea-hotspot-citypeflow.patch fixes an incorrect use of an enum.
* icedtea-lib64.patch fixes directory search paths.
* icedtea-gcc-4.3.patch fixes some compilation errors.
* icedtea-no-bcopy.patch removes the definition of the BSD bcopy and bcmp
The first two are really important because without them g++ generates
More information about the discuss