OpenJDK Governing Board Minutes: 20011/4/21
mark at klomp.org
Thu Apr 28 10:30:06 UTC 2011
On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 12:05 +0200, Henri Gomez wrote:
> Concretely what could be done to make OpenJDK more community/open aware ?
I think a lot of concrete issues were discussed 2 months ago:
But to summarize in concrete actionable items wrt the board and
- Get rid of the SCA. Commit to using the GPL for everything.
People should be able to be members of the community without
having to assign all their rights on non-reciprocal terms to
- Don't tie OpenJDK work to the JCP/JSRs as long as those use
terms which are community-hostile/GPL-incompatible.
- Create a board without non-OpenJDK hackers or appointed seats.
- Make the infrastructure open to the community instead of company
- Keep communicating openly instead of hiding for months and then
More information about the discuss