Rhino build support

Henri Gomez henri.gomez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:00:40 UTC 2011

Thanks Martijn

BTW, if Rhino should be bundled at higher level (i.e.: trunk), this
license discussion should be raised to upper level isn't it ?

2011/10/18 Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg at gmail.com>:
> Hi Henri,
> The EFF would also be a good place to ask and I'm working on trying to
> get some reasonably priced advice with some legal eagles I know in
> London, will post back if my new company can sponsor this.
> Cheers,
> Martijn
> On 18 October 2011 19:08, Henri Gomez <henri.gomez at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I suggest you ask a lawyer.
>> Thanks for the suggestion but individuals like me don't have lawyers
>> available so easily, especially those involved in licences issues :)
>> Usually there is people very aware of licences problematics in OSS
>> community, that's why I'm trying to get answers here :)
>> In IcedTea FAQ (http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions)
>> "What license is IcedTea released under?
>> IcedTea is released under the GPL2 + Classpath exception, which is the
>> same license as both GNU Classpath and OpenJDK.
>> "
>> IcedTea include Rhino, so I guess GPL2 + Classpath may be a valid licence.
>> If IcedTea guys are around, advices more than welcomed

More information about the discuss mailing list