[icedtea-web] RFC: Use AC_LANG_SOURCE macros
jvanek at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 12:48:31 UTC 2014
On 03/28/2014 06:49 PM, Omair Majid wrote:
> I just tried to build a fresh clone of icedtea-web and got a few scary
> warnings on running autogen.sh:
> configure.ac:89: warning: AC_LANG_CONFTEST: no AC_LANG_SOURCE call detected in body
> ../../lib/autoconf/lang.m4:193: AC_LANG_CONFTEST is expanded from...
> ../../lib/autoconf/general.m4:2590: _AC_COMPILE_IFELSE is expanded from...
> ../../lib/autoconf/general.m4:2606: AC_COMPILE_IFELSE is expanded from...
> acinclude.m4:523: IT_CHECK_XULRUNNER_MIMEDESCRIPTION_CONSTCHAR is expanded from...
> configure.ac:89: the top level
> The attached patch fixes the warning by wrapping the code in an
> AC_LANG_SOURCE macro.
If you check , you will see that I'm aware of it :)
I was afraid to fix it for 1.5 because I was not able to find, when ac_lang_source appeared in
autotools. I was afraid to break some older systems where ITW can appear. Today I made a bit more
careful seacrh, and acoridng to
this macro is older then year 2000 so it should be ok to go.
It is funny that those two wrong macros generated 20lines of warnings :))
Thank you for forcing me to verify!
More information about the distro-pkg-dev