JVMCI 0.57 released
doug.simon at oracle.com
Fri Mar 22 21:44:10 UTC 2019
Changes in JVMCI 0.57 include:
• GR-13902: Replace adjustCompilationLevel mechanism.
• GR-14526: Replace JVMCINMethodData constructor and operator new with initialize.
• GR-14509: Fixed order of method mirror invalidation.
• GR-14475: Fix support for jvmci.InitTimer.
• GR-14105: Remove uses of system properties.
The GR-13902 change introduced new API for implementing -Dgraal.CompileGraalWithC1Only=true without requiring a Java up-call from the VM when scheduling a method for compilation. This fixes a number of subtle bugs and unexpected VM behavior (see https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8219403). As a result of the API change, you need to update Graal to commit b3ec4830e02 <https://github.com/oracle/graal/commit/b3ec4830e0295561bde16740b35efd0bbc4cfccf> or later when using this JVMCI release.
The OpenJDK based binaries are at https://github.com/graalvm/openjdk8-jvmci-builder/releases/tag/jvmci-0.57
The OracleJDK based “labsjdk” binaries will be available soon at https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oracle-labs/program-languages/downloads/index.html (in the lower half of the page).
More information about the graal-dev