Segfault toward end of hotspot-comp build
john.r.rose at oracle.com
Tue Sep 6 16:29:45 PDT 2011
On Sep 6, 2011, at 10:16 AM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> Ok, looks like it was a dirty build. It worked ok after a clean.
Yup. The names in globals.hpp are accessed in part via a BHE (big hairy enum).
Changing the list in globals.hpp (or systemDictionary.hpp or vmSymbols.hpp)
can cause *.o files to contain stale enum values.
We used to have automatically-generated *.o -> *hpp dependencies in our makefiles which would cause big painful rebuilds if you updated a key header file.
Now, since we went to a cpp-based solution for portability, I don't know how (or if) that stuff is tracked. It probably depends on how clever your toolchain is.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hotspot-compiler-dev