RFR(M) 8058744: Crash in C1 OSRed method w/ Unsafe usage

Igor Veresov igor.veresov at oracle.com
Mon Sep 22 21:19:18 UTC 2014

Vladimir, Dave,

Thanks for the reviews. I’ve added tests for multiplication of the index. And extended the comment that Vladimir suggested.
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iveresov/8058744/webrev.01/


On Sep 22, 2014, at 12:27 PM, Vladimir Kozlov <vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com> wrote:

> c1_LIRGenerator.cpp
> Can you extend next comment explaining why you need such difference?:
> // Index is a long register or a int constant
> Otherwise changes are good.
> Thanks,
> Vladimir
> On 9/19/14 8:22 PM, Igor Veresov wrote:
>> C1 tries to pattern-match argument computation for UnsafeRawOp nodes in order to fold it into an address expression. The original problem is that it had a bug that made it match any shift, instead of only a left shift. But many aspects of this optimization was not entirely correct for 64-bit. It had a bunch of point-fixes in the LIR emitter, but I found a bunch of other problems. I also refactored it a bit, to make it more easier to reason about.
>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iveresov/8058744/webrev.00/
>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8058744
>> Thanks,
>> igor

More information about the hotspot-compiler-dev mailing list