RFR (S): 8148563: compiler/compilercontrol/jcmd/StressAddMultiThreadedTest.java timesout
pavel.punegov at oracle.com
Fri Feb 19 17:04:29 UTC 2016
please review the fix for a test bug.
1. Test timeouts because it executes a lot of jcmd processes. Number of threads is calculated as number of processors (cores) * 10, that led to an enormous number of jcmds executed on hosts with lots of CPUs/cores.
2. Test also spends a lot of time to generate 5 huge directive files, that were tried to be added on to the directives stack. Directive stack has a limit (default 50, controlled by CompilerDirectivesLimit).
1. Calculate number of threads as a log of the number of CPUs/cores * 10.
2. Generate only one file that is less than specified CompilerDirectivesLimit.
3. Add different commands to execute (add, clear, remove and print) and generate them on demand.
webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ppunegov/8148563/webrev.00/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ppunegov/8148563/webrev.00/>
bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8148563 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8148563>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hotspot-compiler-dev