RFR(S): [TESTBUG] compiler/compilercontrol/jcmd/StressAddMultiThreadedTest.java spawns tens of thousands of threads
nils.eliasson at oracle.com
Mon Feb 22 13:12:03 UTC 2016
Please review this update of the compiler control stress tests.
This change includes the following changes:
* Change the test to only use a small fix number of threads.
* Removes the
Multithreaded tests tests the same things - no need to duplicate.
* Removes the time limited runner - testing adding directives will makes
us hit the limit pretty fast - no idea continue adding tests in a loop
for two minutes when they are rejected after a few seconds.
* Add -XX:CompilerDirectivesLimit=1601 to make sure we can test an
unusually big amount of directives.
* Add -Xmixed to make sure we don't get PrintAssembly for every method
* Remove the increased timeout.
The end result is that this test will use 4 threads to add 4 files of up
to 100 directives each.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hotspot-compiler-dev