RFR(XL) 8186453: [AOT] refactor AOT tool code
vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Fri Aug 18 18:54:27 UTC 2017
Refactoring AOT code:
- Made most tool's klasses and methods package private and final (biggest change).
- AOT library sections renaming to shorter names, removing 'JVM' from their global names.
- Split MethodCounters GOT cells into separate section - now .kls.got (original .metaspace.got) section will have only klass pointers.
- Made .method.metadata RO section - it is next big section after .text and it was incorrectly marked as RW due to old implementation.
- Split big Main.java into separate class:
Collector.java - collects classes and methods to compile based on flags;
Linker.java - check if linker is present on machine and execute linking;
Options.java - process flags.
- Moved various print methods from Main.java to LogPrinter.java.
- Split StubInformation.java from CompiledMethodInfo.java.
- Renamed MiscUtils to CallInfo class.
- Removed unused RelocType and other values.
- Fixed Eclipse warnings (for example, removed unused imports and made methods static).
Passed AOT jtreg tests and RBT testing.
More information about the hotspot-compiler-dev