RFR: 8265480: add basic JVMCI support for JEP 309: Dynamic Class-File Constants [v4]
dnsimon at openjdk.java.net
Thu Apr 22 11:26:46 UTC 2021
> This PR adds support to JVMCI for CONSTANT_Dynamic constant pool entries. It brings the JVMCI support on par with the support in CI for C1 and C2 with one difference: JVMCI will resolve unresolved condy entries where as CI bails out in this case (it expects condy entries to be resolved by the interpreter).
> When using JVMCI for JIT compilation, unresolved entries should only be seen when running under -Xcomp.
> When using JVMCI for AoT (e.g. Native Image), most entries will be unresolved since no other code apart from the AoT compiler is running.
Doug Simon has refreshed the contents of this pull request, and previous commits have been removed. The incremental views will show differences compared to the previous content of the PR. The pull request contains two new commits since the last revision:
- added comment explaining box conversion of primitives
- added test for loading a List from a condy
- all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/3578/files
- new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/3578/files/b70c7b1a..06953124
- full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3578&range=03
- incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3578&range=02-03
Stats: 26 lines in 2 files changed: 20 ins; 0 del; 6 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/3578/head:pull/3578
More information about the hotspot-compiler-dev