CRR (S/M): 6929868 G1: introduce min / max young gen size bounds
bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Thu Sep 1 13:01:36 UTC 2011
I'd like one more review for this change (Tony has already reviewed it).
The change is based on Tony's change that he has out for review in the
thread "CRR (M): 7084509: G1: fix inconsistencies and mistakes in the
young list target length calculations". Since the feature complete date
for hs22 is creeping up on us I would like to get this reviewed already
now rather than waiting for Tony's changes to go in.
The change tries to make G1 more intuitive in the way it uses the
command line flags for setting the young gen size.
Here is a short summary of what the changes contain:
* UseAdaptiveSizePolicy is ignored by G1
* Setting -Xmn is equivalent to setting -XX:NewSize == -XX:MaxNewSize
and will keep the young gen size at the specified value
* If NewSize < MaxNewSize the young gen size will adjust to a value
based on the pause target. But it will not go above MaxNewSize or below
* If NewRatio is set the young gen size will only change when the heap
* NewSize and MaxNewSize overrides NewRatio if all of them are specified.
6929868 G1: introduce min / max young gen size bounds
More information about the hotspot-gc-dev