RFR: 8276129: PretouchTask should page-align the chunk size [v3]
kbarrett at openjdk.java.net
Fri Nov 5 21:18:18 UTC 2021
> Please review this change to PretouchTask to page-align the chunk size.
> Aligning down is used because it's easy; aligning up would require dealing
> with possible overflow or verifying that overflow isn't possible.
> mach5 tier1
> Locally (linux-x64) java -version with pretouch task logging and various
> chunk sizes, manually verifying the number of workers was as expected.
Kim Barrett has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains three additional commits since the last revision:
- Merge branch 'master' into align_pretouch_chunk_size
- use align_down_bounded
- page-align chunk size
- all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/6204/files
- new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/6204/files/ce8ad82b..d1b3048c
- full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=6204&range=02
- incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=6204&range=01-02
Stats: 396716 lines in 494 files changed: 195083 ins; 193711 del; 7922 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/6204/head:pull/6204
More information about the hotspot-gc-dev