FW: Code Review fix for 7153050 ?remove crufty '_g' support from HotSpot run time
ron.durbin at oracle.com
Tue Dec 18 11:31:08 PST 2012
This set of changes removes the runtime support for generation of debug versions that follow _g semantics.
JDK-8005044 remove crufty '_g' support from HS runtime code
Files have been modified to remove all reference and support for debug versions that follow _g semantics.
Passed JPRT last night:
Additional Testing In process: ( suggested by Dan):
- test with shared archive creation and use; see the e-mail
- just a usage message; visual inspection of the code
- comments only; no testing needed
- the only code changes come into play when the "gamma"
launcher is used
- and when JAVA_HOME refers to a valid JDK, the function
fakes up a JVM path so that callers using the JVM path
to find other things in the JDK will work.
- I can't find any way that the actual JVM path value
that is returned is exposed
- I don't see a way to test this other than have a debug
printf() or manual code inspection.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hotspot-runtime-dev