RFR: JEP 359-Records: hotspot runtime and serviceability code
lois.foltan at oracle.com
Mon Oct 21 18:40:44 UTC 2019
On 10/18/2019 2:44 PM, Vicente Romero wrote:
> Please review the hotspot runtime and serviceability code for JEP 359
> Thanks in advance for the feedback,
> PS, Thanks to Harold for the development
Overall this looks good! Some comments:
- line #3226: I mentiond this below that I would like to see the comment
from jvmtiClassFileReconstituter.cp ahead of
ClassFileParser::parse_classfile_record_attribute() so it is easy to
follow the expected layout.
- line #3275: Ahead of the for loop it would be good to add a comment
listing what the expected attributes are for Records.
- line #4732: The added check of "!major_gte_14" looks incorrect for
final abstract classes. That isn't relevant to Records, correct?
- line #1737 - #1739: use oopFactory::new_objArrayHandle() instead of
breaking this accross 2 lines.
- line #1751: please add a comment that indicates the behavior when the
InstanceKlass is not a record. It seems like an empty array is returned?
- copyright update needed.
- line #427-438: I like the comment, can you add that ahead of
- line #839 - comment "of" should be "if"?
- line #95 - determination of TBD comment needed before committing.
I still need to review the tests.
More information about the hotspot-runtime-dev