RFR: 8266936: Add a finalization JFR event [v16]
mgronlun at openjdk.java.net
Wed Oct 13 18:03:25 UTC 2021
> Object.finalize() was deprecated in JDK9. There is an ongoing effort to replace and mitigate Object.finalize() uses in the JDK libraries; please see https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8253568 for more information.
> We also like to assist users in replacing and mitigating uses in non-JDK code.
> Hence, this changeset adds a periodic JFR event to help identify which classes are overriding Object.finalize().
Markus Grönlund has refreshed the contents of this pull request, and previous commits have been removed. The incremental views will show differences compared to the previous content of the PR. The pull request contains two new commits since the last revision:
- rebased and adjusted for new lock rankings
- all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/4731/files
- new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/4731/files/5359a793..96a9d6bf
- full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4731&range=15
- incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4731&range=14-15
Stats: 0 lines in 0 files changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 0 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/4731/head:pull/4731
More information about the hotspot-runtime-dev