<i18n dev>  RFR 8038436: Re-examine the mechanism to determine available localedata and cldrdata
masayoshi.okutsu at oracle.com
Mon Aug 25 08:41:54 UTC 2014
Here are my comments.
- Looks like this change removed the 8055088 fix for BreakIteratorInfo
- The langtags field in each *Impl class should be volatile.
- DateFormatProviderImpl has static langtags to be shared by some other
*Impl. But JRE and CLDR have different sets of language tags.
- Now language tags are hard coded, but that will be error prone when
adding or changing locale data. There should be a test case for checking
consistency between existing resource bundles and the hard-coded tags
(to detect any missing locales in the hard-coded lists).
- JREENLocaleDataMetaInfo: the first upper case part looks like one word
JREEN. JreEnLocaleDataMetaInfo may be better. It's not consistent with
On 8/23/2014 3:46 AM, Naoto Sato wrote:
> Please review the changes for the following issue:
> The proposed changes are located at:
> The idea is to introduce an SPI so that supported locales are
> dynamically searched at runtime, not depending on the existence of
> physical jar files.
> I'd appreciate it if build folks could review the makefile related
> changes, i18n forks to review locale framework files, and Mandy from
> modularization point of view.
More information about the i18n-dev