<i18n dev>  RFR: 8008577: Use CLDR Locale Data by Default (JEP-252)
masayoshi.okutsu at oracle.com
Fri Jun 19 08:53:43 UTC 2015
Sorry for taking time. Here are my comments.
- The year range of the first line of the copyright header should be
"2015," for the new ones and "2013, 2015," for the updated ones.
- I wonder if JavaTimeSupplementary*.java contain some CR-LF lines
because some line spacing is wide in the webrev. (hard to determine that
from the webrev.)
- applyParentLocales() needs to be thread-safe with parentLocalesMap?
- I wonder if the ResourceBundleBasedAdapter.getCandidateLocales()
implementations should return an optimized candidate list rather than
removing unsupported Locales from the list there.
+ * -cldr option specifies to test CLDR locale data. The default data
file name for this
+ * option is "CLDRLocaleData".
- The file name should be "LocaleData.cldr"?
- added the bug id, but no changes to the test?
On 6/9/2015 5:58 AM, Naoto Sato wrote:
> Please review the proposed changes for 8008577, the implementation
> of the JEP-252. The proposed changes are located at:
> Here are the very high level summary of changes:
> - Now the default locale provider order is CLDR,JRE,SPI.
> - The CLDR data is upgraded from 21.0.1 to 27.0.0
> - According the CLDR upgrade, the converter tool and the runtime are
> now capable of "alias" and "parentLocales" tags.
> - Regression tests that are specific to the existing JRE locale data
> are now run specifically with "JRE,SPI" providers.
> I would like the build group to review the build changes mainly with
> the CLDR changes, and i18n group for the rest.
> : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8008577
> : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8043554
More information about the i18n-dev