<i18n dev> RFR: 8158272 & 8158468 (tools/jlink/plugins/IncludeLocalesPluginTest.java bug fixes)
masayoshi.okutsu at oracle.com
Fri Jun 10 07:08:59 UTC 2016
(re-sending to include jigsaw-dev)
Please review fixes for 8158272 and 8158468. The test had several problems.
- A child process doesn't inherit IO. Any outputs from the child process
are not logged.
- The exit code of a child process is ignored. The exit code needs to be
checked by the test.
- A child process should use the exit code to report errors rather than
throwing a RuntimeException.
- The golden data doesn't match the CLDR V29.
- It may not be a good idea to hard-code the full set of the available
All have been fixed. Additional changes are:
- Removed -verbose:gc from @run
- Changed String to List<String> for the available locales data. It was
hard to compare long strings.
- Changed output of the test so that it's easier to understand test
- Replaced Locale.ROOT.toString() with "(root)"
As for the timeout issue, what happened is that a child process for
checking available locales threw a RuntimeException due to the CLDR V29
changes. But the parent process (the main test process) was waiting for
the child process to terminate. I'm not sure if it's a Windows specific
process management issue or jtreg specific issue or something else. But
the timeout symptom is no longer reproducible with the change to call
While I was working on these test problems, I noticed there are a few
problems in the include locales plugin per se. For example,
--include-locales=*-IN selects en-001 which is missing in the available
locales list. (The missing "en-001" has been added to the test data, but
it's commented out.) I will be filing a separate JBS issue.
More information about the i18n-dev