<i18n dev>  RFR: 8181157: CLDR Timezone name fallback implementation
naoto.sato at oracle.com
Tue Apr 17 21:28:16 UTC 2018
Please review the changes to the following issue:
The proposed fix is located at:
This RFE is to implement CLDR time zone names fallback mechanism .
Prior to this fix, time zone names are substituted with English names.
With this change, it is generated according to the logic defined in TR
35. Here are the highlight of the changes:
- CLDRConverter has changed to not substitute/invent time zone display
names, except English bundle for compatibility & runtime performance.
- For English bundle, copy over COMPAT's names as before.
- CLDRConverer now parses regionFormat/gmtZeroFormat/exemplarCity
- CLDRTimeZoneNameProviderImpl is introduced to generate fallback names
- If COMPAT provider is present, use it also as a fallback, before the
last resort (GMT offset format)
More information about the i18n-dev