<i18n dev> RFR: 8228469: (tz) Upgrade time-zone data to tzdata2019b
ramanand.patil at oracle.com
Mon Aug 5 08:27:49 UTC 2019
Please review the patch for tzdata2019b integration into jdk project(jdk-14).
- This patch uses "vanguard" format tzdata from IANA (instead of rearguard format), as the enhancement bug is fixed now. Many thanks to Naoto for this.
- As per the latest changes to Palestine zone rules, the hard-coded checks for "Asia/Gaza" and "Asia/Hebron" are no more needed in ZoneInfoFile.java.
Because of those checks test/jdk/sun/util/calendar/zi/TestZoneInfo310.java was failing as mentioned in the bug comment.
- test/jdk/java/util/TimeZone/TimeZoneTest.java is updated to set ZoneDescriptor.daylight value to "false" for BET zone id.
- The patch has passed all the related testing including JCK.
- As per the mail from tzdata maintainers there is a possibility that Brazil might not abolish DST.
- Since the enhancement bug is not fixed in update releases, jdk13u will still use the rearguard format tzdata. A separate review request will be sent for the same.
More information about the i18n-dev