Java SE 9 (JSR 379) Proposed Final Draft
iris.clark at oracle.com
Tue Jul 25 04:17:23 UTC 2017
The draft of the Proposed Final Draft (PFD) Specification is available here:
The biggest changes since PR are in Section 7, "Modules", which contains the
recently-discussed text for conformance and upgradeable modules, and the
addition of Annex 5 containing the complete Java SE 9 API Specification.
This draft includes the following changes:
- Spec, Section 4: Add references to specific Maintenance Releases to JSRs
222, 224, and 925.
- Spec, Section 7: New text per discussion, including subsections for
constraints, relaxing strong encapsulation, overriding module
declarations, and upgradeable modules. This draft includes some of the
suggestions that Tim sent earlier today; there may be additional minor
changes after further discussion.
- Spec, Section 9: Add subsection for removal of LambdaMetafactory default
- Spec, Section 10: Add "java.se.ee" aggregator module to list of modules
proposed for removal.
- Annex 1, 3: Updates based on development since PR.
- Annex 2: Diffs against recent build 179 promotion.
- Annex 5: New - Java SE 9 API Specification.
I plan to submit this to the JCP PMO as the formal Proposed Final Draft next
week. Please let me know by 23:59 UTC next Monday, 31 July, if you think any
changes are required.
More information about the java-se-9-spec-observers