[11u] RFR: 8232080: jlink plugins for vendor information and command-line options
christoph.langer at sap.com
Sun Apr 5 14:18:38 UTC 2020
now, please review the backport of JDK-8232080: jlink plugins for vendor information and command-line options. It's part of Oracle's 11.0.7 and contains valuable functionality for downstream vendors and jlinkers.
Original change: https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/6c255334120d
Its prerequisite is the backport of 8242154: Backport parts of JDK-4947890 to OpenJDK 11u which I posted yesterday .
With that change in place, I had to do the following:
- resolve src/hotspot/share/classfile/classLoader.cpp
- ignore src/hotspot/share/runtime/vmStructs.cpp, which does not apply
- resolve src/hotspot/share/utilities/vmError.cpp
- resolve src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/VersionProps.java
- ignore src/jdk.hotspot.agent/share/classes/sun/jvm/hotspot/runtime/VM.java which does not apply
I furthermore changed the version information of ASM to ASM6 (instead of ASM7) since that's the level in JDK11. But functionality-wise that's no problem. Everything used is part of ASM6 as well.
With this patch I plan to push backports of JDK-8233137, JDK-8233291 and JDK-8234696 as they contain follow-up fixes.
More information about the jdk-updates-dev