JDK8u212 next steps
christoph.langer at sap.com
Fri Mar 15 21:32:53 UTC 2019
we have reached a state where the list of required jdk8u backport items  is in jdk8u-dev. Thanks to all contributors for their hard work!
When there are no objections, I'll do the push to jdk8u on Monday. In detail this will mean the following steps:
1. merge the repos jdk8u-dev -> jdk8u
2. tag jdk8u with "jdk8u212-b01"
3. tag jdk8u-dev with "jdk8u222-b00"
4. merge "jdk8u212-b01" back into to jdk8u-dev
5. request ops on behalf of the project lead to create version "openjdk8u222" in JBS and set up hgupdater to honor this version for pushes to jdk8u-dev
I'll communicate when this work is finished. After that, jdk8u-dev will collect fixes for OpenJDK 8u222 and critical fixes can be requested to be pushed to jdk8u for 8u212 using the jdk8u-critical-request label.
More information about the jdk8u-dev