[8u] RFR 8254631: Better support ALPN byte wire values in SunJSSE
mbalao at redhat.com
Thu Apr 22 19:14:47 UTC 2021
I'd like to request a review for the 8u backport of JDK-8254631 .
The 11u patch does not apply cleanly because of the following reasons:
* Paths need to be converted to the old scheme
* java.security changes need to be propagated through the different
* AlpnGreaseTest.java uses a java.util.Arrays public API not available
in 8u (introduced by JDK-8033148 ).
* Fixed creating copies of the arrays to compare.
* AlpnGreaseTest.java uses ByteBuffer::flip that returns a ByteBuffer.
In 8u JDK-4774077  is not present so Buffer::flip gets called and a
Buffer is returned. This is a problem because ::get(byte) is then
invoked and this is not available in the Buffer class (but in ByteBuffer).
* Fixed with a simple casting.
No test regressions found in jdk/sun/security/ssl.
 - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8254631
 - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8033148
 - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-4774077
More information about the jdk8u-dev