RFR: Merge jdk:master [v2]
duke at openjdk.java.net
Wed Dec 2 23:26:17 UTC 2020
> Hi all,
> this is an _automatically_ generated pull request to notify you that there are 28 commits from the branch `jdk:master`that can **not** be merged into the branch `master`:
> The following file contains merge conflicts:
> - src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libawt_lwawt/awt/AWTView.m
> All Committers in this [project](https://openjdk.java.net/census#lanai) have access to my [personal fork](https://github.com/openjdk-bot/lanai) and can therefore help resolve these merge conflicts (you may want to coordinate who should do this).
> The following paragraphs will give an example on how to solve these merge conflicts and push the resulting merge commit to this pull request.
> The below commands should be run in a local clone of your [personal fork](https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/skara#Skara-Personalforks) of the [openjdk/lanai](https://github.com/openjdk/lanai) repository.
> # Ensure target branch is up to date
> $ git checkout master
> $ git pull https://github.com/openjdk/lanai.git master
> # Fetch and checkout the branch for this pull request
> $ git fetch https://github.com/openjdk-bot/lanai.git +6:openjdk-bot-6
> $ git checkout openjdk-bot-6
> # Merge the target branch
> $ git merge master
> When you have resolved the conflicts resulting from the `git merge` command above, run the following commands to create a merge commit:
> $ git add paths/to/files/with/conflicts
> $ git commit -m 'Merge jdk:master'
> When you have created the merge commit, run the following command to push the merge commit to this pull request:
> $ git push https://github.com/openjdk-bot/lanai.git openjdk-bot-6:6
> _Note_: if you are using SSH to push commits to GitHub, then change the URL in the above `git push` command accordingly.
> J. Duke
J. Duke has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 29 commits:
- Merge jdk:master
- 8257434: jpackage fails to create rpm on Fedora Linux
Reviewed-by: almatvee, herrick
- 8257232: CompileThresholdScaling fails to work on 32-bit platforms
Reviewed-by: kvn, redestad
- 8257537: [vector] Cleanup redundant bitwise cases on floating point vectors
- 8210253: Clipped UI rendering with X11 pipeline and HiDPI
Reviewed-by: aivanov, kizune
- 8257190: simplify PhaseIdealLoop constructors
Currently, C2 has 3 private constructors of PhaseIdealLoop as follows. a-b are for verification. only c is for real loop optimizations.
a. PhaseIdealLoop( PhaseIterGVN &igvn)
b. PhaseIdealLoop(PhaseIterGVN &igvn, const PhaseIdealLoop *verify_me)
c. PhaseIdealLoop(PhaseIterGVN &igvn, LoopOptsMode mode)
I propose 3 changes to simplify them.
1. add assertion in the constructor c. C2 shouldn't use mode = LoopOptsVerify for it.
2. merge a and b into one constructor.
3. make the merged verification ctor only for debug builds.
Reviewed-by: thartmann, kvn
- 8256474: Migrate Mutex _owner accesses to use Atomic operations
Reviewed-by: coleenp, kbarrett
- 8257511: JDK-8254082 brings regression to AbstractStringBuilder.insert(int dstOffset, CharSequence s, int start, int end)
Reviewed-by: alanb, rriggs, bpb
- 8257460: Further CompilerOracle cleanup
Reviewed-by: kvn, redestad, thartmann
- 8255968: Confusing error message for inaccessible constructor
- ... and 19 more: https://git.openjdk.java.net/lanai/compare/a4f5e376...4c910ab1
Stats: 4015 lines in 176 files changed: 3023 ins; 385 del; 607 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/lanai pull/136/head:pull/136
More information about the lanai-dev