Review request for JDK-8057980: let & const: remaining issues with lexical scoping
hannes.wallnoefer at oracle.com
Thu Nov 27 12:09:56 UTC 2014
Please review JDK-8057980: let & const: remaining issues with lexical
Summary of changes:
- Throw error when let/const declaration is used in single-statement
context as it is not a statement
- Implement per-iteration scope in for(let ; ;) loop
- Throw error for let/const in top-level switch statement. This should
be supported, but we can't implement this correctly without a bigger
rewrite of switch statement handling.
- Overwriting const binding from different script should throw type
error also in non-strict mode.
- Removed unused flags: VarNode.IS_STATEMENT and ForNode.IS_FOR
More information about the nashorn-dev