Review request for JDK-8141338: Move jdk.internal.dynalink package to jdk.dynalink
szegedia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 23:15:33 UTC 2015
Please review JDK-8141338 "Move jdk.internal.dynalink package to jdk.dynalink" for <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8141338>. This is basically the implementation step for integrating JEP 276. This changeset will introduce a new public API that has CCC approval (request 8075866), and is also the implementation step of JEP 276 which is now targeted for 9 and thus can be integrated.
The changes in this changeset fall into several categories:
- renaming of jdk.internal.dynalink.* package to jdk.dynalink.* package, with ripple effects in Nashorn classes that import from these packages
- changes to modules.xml and some build files to accommodate a new public module and a dependency of Nashorn on it
- new tests
I’m sending this webrev to several lists with the following rationales:
- nashorn-dev as the primary users and expected reviewers (also, the Dynalink module code lives in jdk9/nashorn/src/jdk.dynalink). A lot of newly added test code was contributed by Sundar.
- jigsaw-dev because of modules.xml changes
- jdk9-dev for build changes (build file changes were graciously contributed by Erik Joelsson and Sundar)
- core-libs-dev since that’s the designated JEP 276 discussion list.
Nashorn changes: <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~attila/8141338/webrev.jdk9>
top-level jdk9 changes: <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~attila/8141338/webrev.jdk9.top>
More information about the nashorn-dev