SceneBuilder 2 and OS X
pfurbacher at mac.com
Mon Nov 4 12:29:32 PST 2013
Just couldn’t wait, so I cobbled a working solution together. Essentially, you need to
1. download the Linux-64 distribution:
(See https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/DTL-5927 for explanation.)
2. download and install a very recent Java 8 EA release (I have b_112 installed, perhaps there’s something more recent)
3. copy /Applications/Scene Builder 1.1.app, rename the copy Scene Builder 2.0.app
4. Delete the contents of the “Contents/Java” of this new copy.
5. Copy the contents of the “App” folder in the Linux distribution into “Contents/Java”.
6. Replace the “Plugins/jdk1.7.0_40.jdk” with a copy of “jdk1.8.0.jdk” from your /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0.jdk.
7. Launch use “Jar Launcher (14.9.0)” the file “SceneBuilderApp.jar” in “Contents/Java”.
It works for me, and looks pretty darned good. Can’t wait for the real thing.
(I posted essentially the same thing on the JFXexperience page, and made a good hash of it. @Jonathan Giles: you can clean my comments up if you want to.)
More information about the openjfx-dev