sven.reimers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 23:06:24 PDT 2013
Is there a place in ControlsFX for chart stuff as well?
How about creating a ChartFX stuff if not?
On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 2:24 AM, Jonathan Giles <jonathan.giles at oracle.com>wrote:
> My experience has been that there have been many people wanting
> different kinds of axes (to be clear, the plural spelling of axis,
> JavaFX isn't going medieval), the most popular being date and
> logarithmic. If you've developed a DateAxis implementation, that is
> great! I would recommend searching the jira for such as issue (I can't
> see one in a quick search), and if one doesn't exist file a tweak /
> feature request for it. You can attach your patch in the issue by
> copy/pasting the code, or if it is long you can email the issue owner
> (which will be Paru Somashekar) or myself, and we can attach the patch
> to the issue on your behalf.
> Concurrently with this, there is a need for you to agree to the Oracle
> Contributor Agreement if you haven't already. You can find more
> information out here: http://openjdk.java.net/contribute/
> The train has well and truly left for JavaFX 8.0, but this could be
> considered for a release following that. In the mean time, you might be
> interested in publishing the code yourself, either on your blog or into
> an open source project such as JFXtras. This is often a great way to
> evolve the API whilst it still can be.
> -- Jonathan
> On 2/09/2013 12:01 p.m., Pedro Duque Vieira wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've created a DateAxis. Basically it extends from ValueAxis and you can
> > pass it dates in the Long format (converting Date to Long and passing in
> > that value).
> > I wonder if this is valuable for the framework (I do see people asking
> > this) and if so would you like me to submit it for your evaluation and
> > perhaps addition to the framework.
> > Sorry, I'm kind of new to submitting patches...
> > Thanks, best regards,
* Senior Expert Software Architect
* NetBeans Dream Team Member: http://dreamteam.netbeans.org
* Community Leader NetBeans: http://community.java.net/netbeans
* Duke's Choice Award Winner 2009
* Blog: http://nbguru.blogspot.com
* XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Sven_Reimers8
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/svenreimers
Join the NetBeans Groups:
* XING: http://www.xing.com/group-20148.82db20
* NUGM: http://haug-server.dyndns.org/display/NUGM/Home
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1860468
* Oracle: https://mix.oracle.com/groups/18497
More information about the openjfx-dev