Joerg.Buchberger at pruftechnik.com
Tue Jun 26 13:43:29 UTC 2018
If this is the wrong mailing list for javapackager questions, I'd appreciate any hints regarding where to ask instead in case you happen to know.
From: openjfx-dev [mailto:openjfx-dev-bounces at openjdk.java.net] On Behalf Of Buchberger, Joerg
Sent: Freitag, 22. Juni 2018 13:30
To: openjfx-dev at openjdk.java.net
Subject: javapackager usage
Is this the right mailing list for all questions about javapackager?
I tried to use javapackager for my spring-boot web application on Windows. So, naturally, it runs headless.
Although, creating native image and running that exe was successful, there are some caveats I could not solve yet:
* how to prevent second such process from starting
* is that what -singleton flag is for? it gets rejected as unsupported option
* running it as a service
* is that what -daemon flag or WinServiceBundler is for? no idea how either works
* and I failed to get such exe to work with sc and nssm - each fails to start for different reason
* as the exe produced with javapackager immediately returns, I don't get how to stop my process
* only way to stop seems sending the kill to the task - is there a better way?
Thanks for your attention.
p.s. here the command and options I used with Java 9 JDK:
javapackager -deploy -nosign -native image -daemon -allpermissions -v -outdir build/dist -outfile vron -name vron -appclass org.springframework.boot.loader.JarLauncher -v -srcdir .\build\libs
More information about the openjfx-dev