[Rev 06] RFR: WIP: 8236651: Simplify and update glass gtk backend
Thiago Milczarek Sayao
tsayao at openjdk.java.net
Thu Jan 9 02:00:08 UTC 2020
> This proposed change does the following:
> - Ports DND target to use GTK reducing code size and adding extra text / image formats (such as .gif);
> - Use gtk signals instead of gdk events (also to reduce code size);
> - Simplifies geometry (sizing/positioning) with a more straightforward code (less special cases) ;
> - Replaces (pointer and focus) grabbing with a gtk approach;
> - Reworked frame extents (the wm extension to get decoration sizes) to reduce size and complexity;
> - Simplified cursor changing;
> - Reduced the use of gtk/gdk deprecated functions;
> In general it reduces code size and complexity and hands more work to gtk.
> Important notice: As I could not test the code for handling web start and web applets because browsers do not support it anymore and java has removed "javaws", I took the liberty to remove the code. Will restore if necessary.
The pull request has been updated with 1 additional commit.
- 0dc70ab3: Use gtk_window_set_default_size for before-map sizing which is the appropriate function
- all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jfx/pull/77/files
- new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jfx/pull/77/files/e4d2a1d2..0dc70ab3
- full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/jfx/77/webrev.06
- incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/jfx/77/webrev.05-06
Stats: 66 lines in 2 files changed: 32 ins; 18 del; 16 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jfx pull/77/head:pull/77
More information about the openjfx-dev