RFR: 912: PR title correction logic can get stuck [v3]

Magnus Ihse Bursie ihse at openjdk.java.net
Fri Mar 12 10:41:44 UTC 2021

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 08:18:05 GMT, Robin Westberg <rwestberg at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I'm not sure what you mean by that? We did use `issue.get().title()` in lots of places, but I replaced them with `issueTitle `to only have a single strip. That's as close to the source I can see possible.
> I was thinking of usages outside of this particular function, perhaps like https://github.com/openjdk/skara/blob/dbef34b8c9785ec185a70365324063a02b1ec010/bots/pr/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/bots/pr/CheckWorkItem.java#L256 - we probably don't want trailing tabs or spaces there either.. So instead of searching for more of these, my suggestion was to add a call to strip before returning from the title() method to avoid similar problems.

Seems a bit more risky since this can have effects on lots of other code. But sure, I fix it. I did try to look through the existing calls to title() and at least make a quick check that it seemed okay to strip the title.


PR: https://git.openjdk.java.net/skara/pull/1050

More information about the skara-dev mailing list