<Sound Dev> RFR: 8266459: Implement JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal
weijun at openjdk.java.net
Mon May 17 22:01:52 UTC 2021
Please review this implementation of [JEP 411](https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/411).
The code change is divided into 3 commits. Please review them one by one.
1. https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/576161d15423f58281e384174d28c9f9be7941a1 The essential change for this JEP, including the `@Deprecate` annotations and spec change. It also update the default value of the `java.security.manager` system property to "disallow", and necessary test change following this update.
2. https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/26a54a835e9f84aa528740a7c5c35d07355a8a66 Manual changes to several files so that the next commit can be generated programatically.
3. https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/eb6c566ff9207974a03a53335e0e697cffcf0950 Automatic changes to other source files to avoid javac warnings on deprecation for removal
The 1st and 2nd commits should be reviewed carefully. The 3rd one is generated programmatically, see the comment below for more details. If you are only interested in a portion of the 3rd commit and would like to review it as a separate file, please comment here and I'll generate an individual webrev.
Due to the size of this PR, no attempt is made to update copyright years for any file to minimize unnecessary merge conflict.
Furthermore, since the default value of `java.security.manager` system property is now "disallow", most of the tests calling `System.setSecurityManager()` need to launched with `-Djava.security.manager=allow`. This is covered in a different PR at https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/4071.
- add supresswarnings annotations automatically
- manual change before automatic annotating
- 8266459: Implement JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal
Stats: 2018 lines in 826 files changed: 1884 ins; 9 del; 125 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/4073/head:pull/4073
More information about the sound-dev