Preview of Proposed Final Draft for JSR 308
alex.buckley at oracle.com
Mon Dec 23 14:55:36 PST 2013
The Public Review period ended on 4 December. No comments were received
from the public. The Public Review EC ballot ended on 23 December.
I have integrated the JLS and JVMS changes given in the Public Review
specification into the master JLS and JVMS drafts for Java SE 8. This
necessitated minor edits to material from the Public Review and also to
pre-existing material in the JLS and JVMS:
- Corrections to the grammar of ReferenceType, UnannType,
VariableDeclaratorId, MethodDeclarator, and ArrayCreationExpression.
- Clarifications to JLS 4.11 "Where Types Are Used" and 6.5.1 "Syntactic
Classification of a Name According to Context".
- Clarifications to JLS 6.1 "Declarations" with respect to non-generic
- Integration with a small language feature covered by JSR 337:
Repeating annotations can appear in type contexts, not just declaration
- Integration with lambda expressions and method reference expressions
from JSR 335.
In all, the following JLS and JVMS sections are affected by JSR 308:
- 4.2 / 4.3 / 4.4 / 4.5.1 / 4.11
- 6.1 / 6.5.1
- 8.1.1 / 8.1.2 / 8.3 / 8.3.1 / 8.4 / 8.4.1 / 8.4.3 / 8.4.5 / 8.4.6 /
8.8.3 / 8.9.1
- 9.1.1 / 9.1.2 / 9.3 / 9.4 / 9.6 / 9.6.1 / 184.108.40.206 / 9.7.4
- 14.4 / 14.4.1 / 14.14.2 / 14.20 / 14.20.3
- 15.10.1 / 15.27.1
- JVMS 4.7 / 4.7.20 / 4.7.21
The master JLS and JVMS drafts are available as part of the preview of
the Proposed Final Draft specification for Java SE 8 (JSR 337):
which was announced to the JSR 337 EG at:
Assuming the EC ballet for JSR 308 goes well, I plan to submit the
Proposed Final Draft specification of JSR 308 in January. It will simply
point to sections of the JLS and JVMS in the Proposed Final Draft
specification of JSR 337 that will be submitted at the same time.
I will be on vacation through the end of 2013, so I will respond in
early January to any comments on the previewed JSR 308 material.
More information about the type-annotations-spec-experts