RFR(L) Take 2 of Valhalla support for AArch64
dms at samersoff.net
Wed Mar 27 15:14:01 UTC 2019
Please, review the next version of the changes against lworld branch:
*What is done:*
* Shared interface changes are adopted.
* 24 tests of 24 from runtime/valhalla/valuetypes are passed.
* 11 of 14 tests from compiler/valhalla/valuetypes are passed with
* Support for ValueTypePassFieldsAsArgs and ValueTypeReturnedAsFields
is implemented, but not complete.
Fails because the count of ALLOC doesn't match to the count expected
by the test. I'm looking into it.
2. Support for ValueTypePassFieldsAsArgs and ValueTypeReturnedAsFields
is implemented but there are some issues
I'll send a separate letter about it. I'll be happy if someone with
good C2 knowledge chimes in with thoughts on it
Temporary, I forced these flags to OFF for AArch64
3. One test still fails
compiler/valhalla/valuetypes/TestNewAcmp.java (one test within it)
Test failed: should return false
4. JNI tests doesn't run.
Plan to address it on the next turn.
More information about the valhalla-dev