EG meeting, 2020-12-16
daniel.smith at oracle.com
Tue Dec 15 23:05:47 UTC 2020
The next EG Zoom meeting is Wednesday at 4pm UTC (9am PDT, 12pm EDT).
This seems like a good opportunity to take stock of where we're at, including any discussion about "Updated State of Valhalla docs".
I can add some structure on the anticipated JEPs as we move forward. Something like:
- Additional wrapper class migration tooling
- JLS revisions to facilitate type system enhancements
- JVMS revisions, including improvements to the spec of class file validation
- Primitive objects (JVM & language features)
- Migrate the wrapper classes (mostly language)
- Universal type variables (language feature)
- Specialized classes & methods (mostly JVM) (might become multiple finer-grained pieces)
Remi also had a couple of unresolved threads that we can discuss as needed:
- "Use of Class.getSimpleName() in java.lang.invoke and InnerClass attribute verification"
- "Inline Record vs JLS / Reflection"
More information about the valhalla-spec-observers