OpenJDK Code review system - Request for use cases and requirements
sowmya.kannan at oracle.com
Fri Apr 15 08:13:46 PDT 2011
The following would be great:
- ability to add comments in specific sections of code or an HTML
document. For example, instead of saying "in the line
Character.toChars(codePoint)" or "in the 3rd line of the second
paragraph", it would be nice to just put a (virtual) sticky note in a
particular line of code or a sentence in HTML.
- ability to track which comments have been addressed and which have not
by the owner of the code/content
- ability to view HTML markup as well as formatted HTML page for content
- ability to re-publish reviews. Re-publishing reviews should preserve
old comment history
- the commenting system would ideally be entirely web-based without the
need to install additional client software
On 4/14/2011 11:06 AM, Mohan Pakkurti wrote:
> I am looking at undertaking some projects to help improve the infrastructure for OpenJDK.
> One of the systems that is often requested is an open code review system, and I want to understand what we would want from this.
> I came across this blog entry http://blogs.sun.com/mr/entry/open_webrevs and want to get this discussion started again by asking you for input.
> What use cases would you have for this system?
> What features would you like to see in this system?
> What other systems and processes do you see the code review system integrate with?
> Any suggestions for systems we should consider for this?
> Do you have any other comments on this topic?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the web-discuss