problem editing wiki: attachments
john.r.rose at oracle.com
Mon Aug 12 14:33:21 PDT 2013
I'm logged in; I just created a nice page. Now I want to add a diagram attachment to it.
(It's this ordinary page: https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/HotSpot/Method+handle+invocation )
I did the usual poking around:
- on page menus ("Add Attachment" not found)
- in edit menus ("Insert Attachment" does not offer file upload)
- and links (a very tiny "Attachments: 0" link came up dry)
- and FAQ content (the display/general/FAQ didn't have a FAQ for this)
- and mail archives (Google on pipermail/web-discuss didn't produce much)
Now I'm stuck. What's going on? Are new attachments forbidden? Or is there some command I'm missing? Or are my user permissions defective?
Besides throwing me a clue, I suggest two actions:
- update the FAQ to say something about attachments and maybe point to editing help (I would but I don't have edit permission, hint, hint)
- add something to the page template that would help the next person going through the above "poking around" list
More information about the web-discuss